ETI admits students into its academic and training programs without regard to their ethnicity, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religious beliefs or a lack thereof. Provided all other applicable admissions criteria are met, a person with physical disabilities will be admitted upon demonstration that he or she can access the campus by climbing the flight of stairs to reach the second floor.
Applicants are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before starting their first day of class;
- Complete an admissions application;
- Provide evidence that they have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent. If high school was completed outside of the United States, the applicant must submit a copy of the high school diploma and, if applicable, an acceptable English translation of the diploma.
The requirement for proof of high school completion may be waived if the applicant can provide a copy of an official transcript showing completion of a postsecondary associate’s degree or higher. An official transcript from a non-U.S. college or university must be accompanied by a written evaluation by an agency acceptable to ETI advising that the credential earned is equivalent to an associate degree or higher of an accredited U.S. college.
- Possess a basic understanding of and competency in computer functions and operations and a fundamental knowledge of word processing as demonstrated by passage of a school-developed computer assessment exam with a score of 75% or higher.
Applicants who do not pass this exam on the first attempt may choose to take the exam a second time but must wait two weeks before doing so. The required pass rate on the second attempt is 80%.
Applicants who feel that they do not have the requisite knowledge and skills base to pass the assessment exam may register for the non-credit, 20-clock hour short course Computer Skills for End Users, designed to prepare students for enrollment in the Business and Technology as well as the Business Office Information Systems programs.
- Complete and sign an enrollment agreement.